Re: [Debconf-team] "Global" favourite

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 08:07:38PM +0200, Safir Secerovic wrote:

> @Patty - flight for L.A. from Sarajevo on their list is only 632 euros +
> taxes!

While I can understand and appreciate the significant difference that you're
showing me here, we're really comparing apples to oranges now (or pears, if
you're German). Prices out of a small airport will vary from prices *to* a
small airport (I've flown through many a small airport in my day). Plus,
these are through a travel agent. if I were to spend a full day sitting down
with a travel agent to fully compare the two flight options, I'd probably
find much cheaper options. As it is, I don't even know what *month* we're
looking at, which will also have an effect on prices (the prices I gave were
prices from a very broad, general search I did on Travelocity for June
2007). If I looked hard enough, I could probably find cheap fares through
Toronto to EDI, and then some sort of cheap fare *to* Toronto from PDX as
well. I'm not willing to put hours-worth of work into this at the moment,
though. Not until we can answer the other questions (like WHEN, for
example).

Once a venue is selected, we can find travel agents and "best deals" as
well, but my point wasn't to put SJJ down or to prove that EDI was better.
I was trying to point out that prices from *here* (outside of the EU) vary
just as significantly as they do *within* the EU.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski