Re: [Debconf-team] "Global" favourite

Patty Langasek wrote:
> That's not entirely accurate. I just did a quick search on flights into SJJ
> and EDI for June of next year (to compare prices on a relatively equal
> scale) and found that prices to SJJ were ~ $1600-$1700 USD *per ticket* and
> prices to EDI were ~ $900-$1000 USD *per ticket*. That is quite the price
> difference between flying to the two locations from the west coast of the
> United States.
>
> And those are just estimates - the prices for EDI were closer to $900, the
> prices for SJJ were closer to $1700. About a 700 EUR difference *per
> ticket*.
>
> For comparison, for the same search parameters but to CDG (Paris) is ~$1200.
> Frankfurt is ~ $1250. London is ~$900. Amsterdam is ~$1100.
>
> SJJ is significantly more expensive to fly to from the US than it is to fly
> to EDI, and still a bit more expensive than the major European hubs. I
> haven't looked at other countries, unfortunately, but I wouldn't be
> surprised to find similar trends flying into Europe.

Ditto.

I'm quite surprised here, also. I started to search also for some
flights from Latin America and I found a price (yes again, roughly
search) for around $1950, which is just too much to SJJ, via United
on MEX-IAD-VIE-SJJ, compared to around $1100 for MEX-EWR-EDI in
Continental. Any of those represent a problem also for people not
holding an American visa and having to fly directly to Europe which
would make the prices even higher. So in most of the ways, it's a
difficult thing for us to travel to DebConf.

Is there any kind of suggestion for people down here by the bid teams?

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/
		   <damog@debian.org>  |          GPG: C671257D