Re: [Debconf-team] "Global" favourite

On Friday 07 July 2006 18:00, Patty Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 07:12:56AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > When it comes at travel, I can bet that travelling to Sarajevo or
> > Edinburgh from outside Europe is actually not much more expensive than
> > travelling to one of the major European hubs (London, Paris,
> > Amsterdam, Frankfurt) through one of the major airline companies
> > alliances.
>
> That's not entirely accurate. I just did a quick search on flights into SJJ
> and EDI for June of next year (to compare prices on a relatively equal
> scale) and found that prices to SJJ were ~ $1600-$1700 USD *per ticket* and
> prices to EDI were ~ $900-$1000 USD *per ticket*. That is quite the price
> difference between flying to the two locations from the west coast of the
> United States.
>
> And those are just estimates - the prices for EDI were closer to $900, the
> prices for SJJ were closer to $1700. About a 700 EUR difference *per
> ticket*.
>
> For comparison, for the same search parameters but to CDG (Paris) is
> ~$1200. Frankfurt is ~ $1250. London is ~$900. Amsterdam is ~$1100.
>
> SJJ is significantly more expensive to fly to from the US than it is to fly
> to EDI, and still a bit more expensive than the major European hubs. I
> haven't looked at other countries, unfortunately, but I wouldn't be
> surprised to find similar trends flying into Europe.
>
> Witty closing here,
> Patty

Here are some prices from Kompas - local Bosnian travel agency,
http://www.kompas-sarajevo.com/nm/anmviewer.asp?a=4&z=3
these prices are at least 20% higher than at foreign agencies, but still here
they are, just for orientaition, if you book in advance expect lower prices:
Airport taxes not included:

@Patty - flight for L.A. from Sarajevo on their list is only 632 euros +
taxes!

To Europe:

Belegrade  69 EUR
  Zagreb  110 EUR
  Ljubljana   160 EUR
  Brussels  149 EUR
  Budapest   190 EUR
  Paris  139 EUR
  Prague  149 EUR
  Vienna  149 EUR
  Amsterdam   149 EUR
  Istanbul   160 EUR
  Madrid   198 EUR
  London   149 EUR
  Moscow   146 EUR
  Copenhagen   160 EUR
  Stockholm  160 EUR
  Rome  145 EUR
  Berlin   169 EUR
  Munich   149 EUR
  Zurich                              149 EUR
  Oslo   195 EUR

So, from Bosnia retrun flight to other continents:
New York   480 EUR
  Chicago   579 EUR
  Toronto   560 EUR
  Boston   549 EUR
  Houston   635 EUR
  Sydney   1049 EUR
  Vancouver   890 EUR
  Dallas   610 EUR
  Washington   560 EUR
  Atlanta   570 EUR
  Montreal  572 EUR
  Los Angeles   632 EUR
  San Francisco   660 EUR
  Kuala Lumpur   750 EUR
  Singapore   599 EUR
  Bangkok   629 EUR
  Hong Kong                         690 EUR
  Dubai  420 EUR

Regards,
Safir
--
Dojdov pak tajno moja, zvezda prakam da te povika...