Re: [Debconf-team] alternative ways of funding debconf

Hi,

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 09:07, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Monday 03 July 2006 18:57, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > it turns out that only one of the options would not require us to
> > come up with an alternative way of funding debconf (one of the
> > ones in sarajevo, which involves the arabic culture center).
> EPARSE :) do you say, the only venue which doesn't require new ways of
> funding is sarajevo ? :)

From reading the whole backlog now I guess thats what you think: only the dorm
+ center option doesnt requiere new ways of funding (or spending money).

However, I would have appreciated an answer instead of being forced to guess
:(

> What are the numbers (aka costs) exactly? How much money to we get for the
> established way :) of funding debconf?
>
> Are the new calculation already in svn?

So no answer means "no" here I guess? I find it very hard to follow arguments
"backed up by numbers" without being able to see those numbers. A spreadsheet
would be more than nice to have.

Because, Andreas, in your report from Sarajevo you calculate with 300 people,
while in the Edinburgh report you calculate with 350 people. Maybe I got your
calculations wrong, but thats also why I suggest a spreadsheet so everybody
interested can play with the numbers herself.

regards,
	Holger