Re: [Debconf-team] alternative ways of funding debconf

* Holger Levsen (debian@layer-acht.org) [060705 12:08]:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 04 July 2006 09:07, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > On Monday 03 July 2006 18:57, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > > it turns out that only one of the options would not require us to
> > > come up with an alternative way of funding debconf (one of the
> > > ones in sarajevo, which involves the arabic culture center).
> > EPARSE :) do you say, the only venue which doesn't require new ways of
> > funding is sarajevo ? :)
>
> From reading the whole backlog now I guess thats what you think: only the dorm
> + center option doesnt requiere new ways of funding (or spending money).
>
> However, I would have appreciated an answer instead of being forced to guess
> :(

i was under the impression that that was more like a rethoric
questioņ, since i explicitly mention this in my reports.

> > What are the numbers (aka costs) exactly? How much money to we get for the
> > established way :) of funding debconf?
> >
> > Are the new calculation already in svn?
>
> So no answer means "no" here I guess? I find it very hard to follow arguments
> "backed up by numbers" without being able to see those numbers. A spreadsheet
> would be more than nice to have.

they are. but i guess they are not clear enough. I did not start
a speadsheet because the whole situation seems rather trivial so
far and we are just doing estimates.

> Because, Andreas, in your report from Sarajevo you calculate with 300 people,
> while in the Edinburgh report you calculate with 350 people. Maybe I got your
> calculations wrong, but thats also why I suggest a spreadsheet so everybody
> interested can play with the numbers herself.

i most likely pulled in the people from debcamp into debconf. 300
for debconf + 50 (on average) during debcamp for one week each is
the same as 300+50=350 for one week.

did i skip debcamp costs for sarajevo?