Re: [Debconf-team] alternative ways of funding debconf

Hi,

On Monday 03 July 2006 18:57, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> we have now looked at the possible/likely venues of debconf7. I
> expect reports to surface soon on this mailinglist.

real soon would be good, as we wanted to decide tomorrow...

> it turns out that only one of the options would not require us to
> come up with an alternative way of funding debconf (one of the
> ones in sarajevo, which involves the arabic culture center).

EPARSE :) do you say, the only venue which doesn't require new ways of funding
is sarajevo ? :)

What are the numbers (aka costs) exactly? How much money to we get for the
established way :) of funding debconf?

> if we limit local sponsorship to e.g. 200 people to keep costs
> under control...

> what do you think? do you have ideas or suggestions on how to
> slice the cake? should we try to slice it at all?

As I see it there is more than one way of spending the money, for example,
instead if sponsoring 200 people completly we could also sponsor 250 people
for 90% of the costs.

Are the new calculation already in svn?

regards,
	Holger