Re: [Debconf-team] who is missing from registration?

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:30:54PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Andreas Schuldei dijo [Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:26:44PM +0200]:
> > Hi!
> >
> > i just now try to find all the people who are missing from our
> > confirmed list. people i found so far were some intel people (who
> > give talks at debian day and bofs at debconf), a netapp guy who
> > wanted to come, the aruba engineer who wants to set up the
> > network and some people who's flights we sponsor but who have not
> > confirmed yet.
> >
> > can we make sure that everyone who has travel sponsorship is registered?
> >
> > can you guys think of more people we should not do without?
> >
> > the goal is to catch all those missing people NOW before we set
> > any boundaries (like "no more then 240 payed attendees"), then
> > reach that mark by letting late people in, and THEN finding such
> > people that we *must* have, being pushed over our budget
> > constrains.
> >
> > please think hard.
>
> I'd like to reseerve some rooms for locals that will be helping us -
> Yes, as it has been shown, locals are way too sloppy sometimes, but I
> feel we will thank them for the time they can give us. How many? I'm
> not sure... But some ;-)
>
> Of course, not for everybody, but for people that I have already
> talked with and I know are interested in participating, might become
> more interested in Debian, and will in general become useful. This is
> not an open invitation for $random_mexican just to crash in.

could you please specify "some" (as in "how many", what tasks
those people will have (which can not be done by already
registered participants) and who they are?

We have a hotel this time and in .br we hardly needed *me* for
help, since the hotel did most of the work. so i am not in favour
to plan for over-capacities when we wont need our own people,
even.

I am not in favour of providing rooms for late registrants who
were not interested enough to book early when we turn away
foreiners who might (or might not have) tried.

/andreas