Re: [Debconf-team] Authentication for food

Martin Wuertele dijo [Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 02:37:33PM +0100]:
> > Yes, but we must discourage this - The restaurant works with some
> > margin for adjustement, of course... But if we invite 10% extra people
> > (think DebianDay), we will end up with too little food to serve -
> > And that's bad as well :)
>
> Not in addition just from not-by-other-attendees-used tickes for the
> same day. I think of the system we had in Porto Alegre where each ticket
> was dated.

Hi,

Yes, I also liked a lot how that system worked - Now, the down side is
the logistical cost: First, we must make sure to include the proper
tickets (with the proper dates) in the bags of each person. Second,
whoever checks them must be asked to look that the date matches. But,
yes, if we do it, it has good beneficial sides.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23