Re: [Debconf-team] Authentication for food

Hi

> Meike Reichle dijo [Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 02:27:25PM +0100]:
>> 3) Pure visual authentication: Debianers are a social crowd. I would
>> assume there would be at least some (well-meant) abuse. Providing
>> tickets
>> would still allow people to swap meals or invite others but hopefully
>> the
>> overall numbers of consumed meals would be the projected one.
>
> Yes, but we must discourage this - The restaurant works with some
> margin for adjustement, of course... But if we invite 10% extra people
> (think DebianDay), we will end up with too little food to serve -

Eh, I think we got a misunderstanding. :) Maybe "invite" was the wrong
word here. My idea was the following: If we have n food tickets we'll have
to pay for n meals. However, it does not matter *who* uses a food ticket.
So if I skiped a meal and thus have an extra ticket, I can give it to
someone else, so (s)he uses it. This does not raise the overall number of
served meals but still provides some flixibility.

Was that clearer? Or do I misunderstand something myself?

Cheers,
Meike

--
Meike Reichle - University of Hildesheim

mail:   mrei0999@uni-hildesheim.de
web:    http://www.alphascorpii.net