Re: [Debconf-team] Still can't log in

On 10495 March 1977, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> I had tried that, but I had forgotten that Debconf wants me to use my
> debian.org address, for no good reason whatsoever, which I never use for
> anything else, and don't particularly want to have.

It will get better: At least for debconf-time you will have an
@debconf.org alias. :)
Well, it was used to have an easy way to see "is DD, is not DD", but
with the keyids we ask for its even easier.

> (I also don't see why Comas wants me to enter a username as well as an
> e-mail address in the password recovery screen. In fact, I would much
> prefer to not have to have any bloody account anywhere for Debconf6, I
> have too damn many passwords to deal with anyway.)

Well, it needs *something* to work with. If all proposals and accounts
are for "Anon Ymous" then that one person would have much to talk, and
would get a lot of sponsorship. :)

> After Jörg fixed the password problem for me (thanks!), I still couldn't
> submit a proposal because Comas *again* decided a day early that the
> time to submit proposals was over. I remember this happening last year
> as well. Luckily, Jörg also fixed this, so my talk is now submitted.

Comas seems to be a bit stupid here. It lets you enter a day *and* an
hour where talk submitting ends but then only looks at the day to
compare if you are still allowed to submit. So for the database it now
ends on 7. December, so that people can submit until 6. December,
23:59:59 *UTC*

> Despite all my complaining, I don't think you (plural you) are doing a
> bad job. On the contrary, I only grumble because everything is so good
> that it would be easy to be perfect.

Hey, perfect is boring.

--
bye Joerg
(13:24) <Aquariophile> ist iptables eigentlich nur ein tool zum