Re: intel

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 14:49 +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> the smökki is a very big room which we will rent 24/7 for the
> duration of the event. since the absolute majority of the users
> will come with wifi notebooks and we can expect most of them to
> have 11g... smökki has room for 150 people, so we might need
> several (8?) APs there. (will we use radius and WPA or WEP?)
>
> at debconf4 we had all kinds of crappy APs that people brought
> and actually got praise for the excellent coverage, roaming and
> stability of the network.  p2-mate worked on that (with others)
> and he will be there early, too. i would expect that we will be
> able to achive as good results this year, with intel's APs...

Can you also provide a wired network with coverage on most of the
'public' meeting points? That is for people like me whose wireless card
(specifically Airport Extreme) does not work on Linux ;-)

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 Sex is like bridge: If you don't have a good partner, you better have a