Re: what hardware will be available ?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:33:17AM +0300, Arto Teras wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 09:03:23AM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
>
> > can you make it a color laser printer? Then we can print the
> > nametags with debconf logo on them, too.
> > otherwise duplex is nice for saving paper.
>
> Yes, at least I'm planning to ask for a color laser with duplex. Shouldn't
> be a problem if they have any real will to co-operate, as color lasers
> aren't anything really fancy any more.
>
> If we don't have a sponsored color laser in time I can also print the
> nametags at my workplace which is nearby the DebConf site.

that is not really an option, since we can expect people to show
up unannounced all the time. To be able to print nametags (which
we want them to wear!) the printer must be really near by.

we should also print some icon/symbol on the nametags indicating
if they sleep in the house, so we have some kind of indication if
a given person searching through my luggage is really just in the
wrong room or if he is in the wrong house entirely. (c:

arto, did i drop the cc to the list on that other mail to you by
accident? could you bounce it to the list, perhaps?