Re: what hardware will be available ?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 04:20:57AM +0300, Arto Teras wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:15:43PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
>
> > i just talked to intel and asked for 30 notebooks, and it is no
> > problem at all.
>
> Great! I guess this means that in my negotiations between IBM and HP it's
> more important to secure the servers already promised from HP, some PowerPC
> machine(s) from IBM and maybe ask for a few more servers for video
> streaming?

yes, i think so. we could use those, better.

> Perhaps IBM would be able to ship these. What kind of specs would
> be required?

well, how many servers do we need, exactly? i got now offers for
the two above mentioned intel servers and one big sun server.

furthermore we expect HP to sponsor two big servers.

I hear Comas could run well on my notebook from RAM, so the
biggest CPU hogs will be compiling and video processing.

> I can also ask for a printer from HP. I will be a speaker in their Linux
> Forum event next Tuesday which will give a good opportunity to talk about
> it.

can you make it a color laser printer? Then we can print the
nametags with debconf logo on them, too.
otherwise duplex is nice for saving paper.