Re: what hardware will be available ?

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:15:43PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> i just talked to intel and asked for 30 notebooks, and it is no
> problem at all.

Great! I guess this means that in my negotiations between IBM and HP it's
more important to secure the servers already promised from HP, some PowerPC
machine(s) from IBM and maybe ask for a few more servers for video
streaming? Perhaps IBM would be able to ship these. What kind of specs would
be required?

I can also ask for a printer from HP. I will be a speaker in their Linux
Forum event next Tuesday which will give a good opportunity to talk about
it. At Finnish Linux User Group we have also got printers earlier from
Lexmark. Might be also worth asking if we could use some of the printers at
HUT? If everything else fails I'll bring my old trusty HP Laserjet 4M+ which
is certainly not fancy but okay for standard b/w printing (12 ppm).

I haven't asked for hardware from any other companies than HP and IBM (yet).
I have some contacts at Fujitsu-Siemens, but divided it so that asked them
to supply some boxes to a Finnish Linux User Group event in April (which
eventually didn't happen due to some internal demo pool reorganization but
that's another story).

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info