Re: DebConf22 bursaries for food or accommodation

From: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org>
To: Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha@gmail.com>
Cc: debconf-discuss@lists.debian.org
Bcc:
Subject: Re: DebConf22 bursaries for food or accommodation

Hello Dashamir,

Dashamir Hoxha dijo [Tue, May 17, 2022 at 09:42:05PM +0200]:
> I have seen that and I have an idea about how DebCamp works, but there are
> no details there about any plans for DebCamp22.
>
> I am willing to help with hacking (if any), but I can't do it by myself
> (alone) because I am not a debian maintainer or something else.
> I have a good experience with infrastructure and maybe I can help with
> that, if possible.
> If there are any trainings about how to become a debian maintainer, I'd be
> willing to participate.
>
> But in case that no one needs any help, that's still fine, I don't have to
> bother myself.

You are right, DebCamp looks quite like an empty slate -- and that's
what it is, by design. There are no centralized plans, just space for
people to sit down and work, alone (accompanied by their Debian
colleagues) or together in teams.

DebCamp is a great opportunity to get to know the people in Debian,
and if you know of a team that you want to get closer to. There have
been "Debian warm-up" sessions for beginners in the past (sorry, I
cannot recall _when_).

But no, please don't expect any _organized_ activities during DebCamp:
It is just time for us all to work on different aspects of Debian --
and to socialize. A lot. It is fun, lively, and one of my personal
favorite parts of DebConf.

Many people find their way into getting involved with Debian during
DebConf by joining the teams that are busy setting things up for the
conference -- Video, network and infrastrcture, front desk, mainly. I
saw Paulo Henrique already sent also a coordination list, which you
might find useful.

This year, sadly (due to the distance and that I cannot leave my
obligations for so long) I will not be joining DebConf.

Anyway -- up to you to decide how you want to get involved (and, of
course, there is no obligation to do so!)

Greetings,