Re: DebConf22 bursaries for food or accommodation

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 2:49 PM Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana <phls@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

If you missed the deadline to ask for DebConf22 bursaries, we have a good news:
you can still ask for food and/or accommodation.

What activities are usually done during DebCamp (before DebConf)?

If it sounds interesting, I may do a course on Bash Scripting:
 - Recorded lessons:
   https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqq78M1GnIlHiOeYDUIuXYSAOaDhgemSa
 - Moodle course:
   https://ocw.fs.al/course/view.php?id=23
It would run for 6-7 days, 100 min each day (including short breaks).
But of course this does not seem quite related to Debian and its activities.

I may also help with improving the Debian infrastructure.
For example, do you already use WKD for sharing your public keys?
If not I can help you to set it up, because I do have some experience with it:
 - http://dashohoxha.fs.al/web-key-directory/
Or maybe you need sometimes to use Wireguard VPN:
 - http://dashohoxha.fs.al/using-wireguard-vpn/
But working on infrastructure requires that some of the people who maintain it are present at the DebCamp too.

Anyway, I am not sure yet whether I will be able to participate, but it doesn't hurt to discuss it.
I'd like to know what you think about it.

By the way, I have already applied for DebConf Food+Accomodation support and it has been accepted.
I should be able to confirm it soon (in a week or so, before 20 May).

Regards,
Dashamir

It is not possible to ask for a bursary through the registration form now, but
if you are interested, please send an e-mail to bursaries@debconf.org saying if
you need:
- Food only
- Accommodation only
- Food + Accommodation
for the specific dates you plan to attend, and specify what you intend to do at
DebConf22.

We are no longer accepting requests for travel bursary.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Belo Horizonte - Brasil