Re: Announcing the elephant in the room BOF

On 2019-08-02 10:36 -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> On 19-08-02 08 h 48, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> >
> > What I still don't understand regarding that BoF session was why it was done
> > with no video streaming and no recording.

> > That decision made it much harder to participate remotely

> I wasn't at DebConf this year, but if I had been, I wouldn't have
> participated in that BoF if it had been streamed.

This is a useful reminder that as we try to improve remote
participation, that is distinct from recording/public streaming and we
should design our systems to allow remote connection to unpublished
meetings as well as the default streamed/published meetings.

Sometimes they get conflated (although less in debian than other
organisations).

Wookey
http://wookware.org/