Re: [Debconf-discuss] Alternative daytrip option: bicycling around Heidelberg for fun and relaxing

Hi Tiago,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 12:45:58PM -0400, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 06:35:32PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi Axel,
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 10:41:06PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > > On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 10:12:48PM +0200, Timo Weingärtner wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm also interested since none of the offered day trip options tease
> > > me.
> > >
> > > But joining you for a bicycle trip also depends on the expected
> > > departure and arrival times, though. What's your plan, Andreas?
> >
> > I suggets the departure somewhen at the same time as others might leave
> > and the arrival should be adapted to the constitution of the
> > participants.  I's suggest to behave like a chain and make sure the
> > weakest link will not break (if you know what I mean).  Since  I have no
> > idea who might join it is hard to make a decent plan right now.  Timo,
> > seemed to have a plan that sounded good but as I said it depends from
> > the attendees a bit.
> >
> > I could even imagine having two cycling groups for more engaged cycling
> > and a more relaxed one.
>
> Have you considered Chris' 33km loop?
>
> http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9762198
>
> I'm considering joining you for that!

Thanks for the pointer it is actually quite similar to what I
considered.  However, I would definitely go into the opposite direction.
This would mean the hilly part in the begining so we see whether
everybody will manage or whether we should rather find an alternative
route instead.

So if you agree with the start at 10:00+x from railway station condition
and go in direction castle first we could go together.  In case the
castle "climb" might show serious problems for some attendees we could
split up groups again.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--