Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf 15 website survey

On 21/09/14 at 21:11 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> writes:
>
> > also sprach Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> [2014-09-21 19:22 +0200]:
> >> I think.. both are really cool. Is it a possibility to just have it so we
> >> can click contrast whenever we want? :D
> >
> > Sure, I think we'll keep it. But let's not make the default depend
> > on the time of day, shall we? ;)
>
> That's just what I wanted to propose.
>
> To really judge the light theme it IMHO needs at least the logo
> replaced. Like it is currently it just looks very bad because of the
> black background on the logo image.

The DebConf logo is easy to adapt to a black background. The sponsors'
logos might not be. Many logos have a use policy that they should only
be displayed on a light (or even white) background. Or are just
ugly/unreadable on a dark background. So, if we choose the black
background, we might have to keep a white background around sponsors
logos...

Lucas