Re: [Debconf-discuss] Gmapsupp.img (Was: Important news regarding travel to Banja Luka)

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 01:33:11PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> I take it you want something to load onto a garmin or similar?

Yes.

> If so,
> if you wanted to make your own from the OSM data, start here:

I would rather like to download something prepared by somebody who just
worked down this road described here:

>   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin#Creating_your_own_maps_from_OSM_data
>
> For premade, routable maps, it seems that these are updated daily:
>
>   http://data.osm-hr.org/garmin/
>
> for larger coverage, but no routablility AFAICT:
>
>   http://www.wanderreitkarte.de/garmin_de.php

Ahhh, that's what I was looking for.

> BTW this is where I got this info:
>
>   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

... where I could have looked myself for sure.  I was hoping for some
local experts downloading and testing those data every week.

Thanks for the info anyway

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de