Re: [Debconf-discuss] Zagreb <--> Banja Luka

Adnan Hodzic dijo [Tue, May 17, 2011 at 04:37:45PM +0200]:
> This topic is getting hard to follow especially since I'm extremely
> short of time ATM.
>
> @Ian and everybody else,
>
> I'll just tell you this, I'm in Zagreb now and today I talked to some
> of leading people from HULK (Croatian LUG) and told them about our
> Zagreb > Banja Luka transportation plans. Even if it's only one person
> they would be glad to help us out, thus meaning they could perhaps
> greet you at the airport and then take you to the bus station and help
> you get what you need. Or take you to our "bus/shuttle meeting point"
> or whatever you need help with.
>
> So the moral of what I just said is please don't panic, we have
> everything under control and whoever you are you or whenever you
> arrive you won't be left by yourself.

Hi again,

Ian's and Josip's mails made me remember on how great seemed to me the
instructions to arrive to the DebConf facilities near Helsinki in
2005. It is a somewhat similar setting, in that it was in a country
where people speaking only West-European languages (i.e. most of us)
would just stare at the signs unable to understand a beep. What they
did back then was great — And that's before the age of satellite maps
and widely available GPS. Take a look at this page:

http://debconf5.debconf.org/about/from_the_airport_to_the_center.html
http://debconf5.debconf.org/about/from_the_square_to_the_bus_station.html
http://debconf5.debconf.org/about/from_the_bus_stop_to_the_dorm

So, local-team: Please, would something like this be possible? I am
sure that would dissolve much of the current anxiety.

In addition to clear paths with the right photos, of course,
timetables (as accurate as they are in your country, as we foreigners
don't know if you are as punctual as North Europeans or as relaxed as
Latin Americans are [expected to be]).

Greetings,