Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:34:58PM +0530, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,

> > > if there is a shuttle from Zagreb anyways, we could of course alight the
> > > night train in Zagreb. But I have not seen a mention of a shuttle bus
> > > yet (maybe I missed it). What day is that planned?
> >
> > See:
> > http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Travel-Arriving#Official_transportation
>
> which links to
> http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20110331.165633.52477e5f.en.html
> which seems to indicate, if I am not reading it wrong, that as long as
> we somehow get a flight or train to Zagreb and make sure we put our
> travel times on the wiki, then the local team takes care of getting us
> to Banja Luka somehow? That???s of course a very nice service!
>
> So should we definitely go for Zagreb, or nevertheless consider Okucani
> or Novska?

Well, that really depends on the scheduling details. For example, how many
planes land between X and Y o'clock, determining the Y+W period when a bus
comes to pick them up, and then how well that coincides with the train
schedules, and then also factor in that some planes may carry too few
DC passengers to bother coming too early for, or some trains may carry
too many DC passengers to leave waiting too much, etc.

I guess people should start listing their most preferable schedule for
getting to places where their route is constrained (long-distance trips),
and leave the rest of the route for the shuttle organizers to work out
and suggest solutions.

There should be a deadline set for this...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.