Re: [Debconf-discuss] local printers? (was Re: Key signing)

On 08/03/2010 12:17 AM, Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
> Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> writes:
>
>> That's what I was planning of doing, also is there any official
>> "debconf" printers on the campus?
>
> I never saw an answer to this, and didn't have much luck with the
> hostnames on the sign in Carleton; IIRC, only one of them resolved,
> and it didn't appear to be running cupsd.  Any tips?

The printers should have signs on them describing their use from the
carleton hacklab.  I'll check into that today to make sure that is the case.

> (FWIW, I was trying to print a new badge barcode generated via
>
> gpg --fingerprint ... | sed -ne '/=/s/[^0123456789ABCDEF]//gp'

It's probably simpler to do:

gpg --with-colons --fingerprint $MY_KEY_ID | grep '^fpr:' | cut -f10 -d:

If you have cups configured for the local printers, you can pipe the
output of that through qrencode and into lp directly.

	--dkg