Re: [Debconf-discuss] no debconf wireless in Davis

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 09:12 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 01:06:16AM -0400, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > the debconf ESSID was introduced in Davis 8h before Debian Day started.
> > Unfortunatly it breaks the video, both streaming and recording.
>
> :-( I know.  However, I can confirm that Marks talk yesterday at
> 22:00-23:00^W^W 16:00-17:00 in Davis was perfectly fine while the talk
> after this by Jorge O. Castro was terrible.
>
> > There is time to improve this situation on wednesday, when no talks are
> > scheduled.
>
> So no better situation today? :-(
> Is there any reason to not use a cable for the video streaming?????

There is a cable.  The GuruPlug was used to shape traffic to ensure that
most of its bandwidth was reserved for video streaming.  However, there
appears to be some problem with the configuration that causes the TCP
connections to be reset.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings