Re: [Debconf-discuss] Renting buses madrid-caceres and madrid-caceres

Neil Williams writes ("Re: [Debconf-discuss] Renting buses madrid-caceres and  madrid-caceres"):
> Some content from UK DD's is already here:
>
> http://wiki.earth.li/DebconfTravel2009
>
> There's more interest in trains from Madrid to Caceres than buses, at
> least from people listed on that page so far.

The train from Madrid to Caceres takes around 4h.  There are several a
day.  (See bahn.hafas.de as a starting point for European rail
timetables.)  Personally I wouldn't trade a 4h train journey for a 4h
coach journey (Google reckons 3.5h by car) but poorer people than me
might have a different opinion and of course I will be arriving in
Madrid by train anyway.

Ian.

PS: Neil: are you really planning to fly from Plymouth to Gatwick and
then take a bus to Heathrow ?  It's only 4h from Plymouth to Heathrow
by train, so surely that can't save you any time.