[Debconf-discuss] Debian Secrets

Hello World,

I'll be holding a talk titled 'Debian Secrets' at DebianDay targetted to
moderately advanced users, which aims to give an introduction in a
number of useful things about Debian that not every Debian-user may know
about; see <https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc8/event/321>.
So far I've come up with the following subjects:
- Using dpkg-statoverride to limit use of a particular command to a
  group of users and have that limitation survive upgrades
- Using ~/.menu files to add extra stuff to the Debian menu
- Using equivs for qmail fans, or similar
- Searching for packages with debtags and grep-available
- More efficient use of the Debian BTS with the "bts" command-line
  utility.

Of course, all of these will be short introductions with pointers to
more information; but partly because of that, I don't think I'll be able
to fill my hour yet.

So, here's a request for help: if people have other suggestions that
they think would suit this talk well (i.e., other Debian-specific
features that people may want to know about), please let me know.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22