Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debian Secrets

Yo!

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 16:23 -0300, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I'll be holding a talk titled 'Debian Secrets' at DebianDay targetted to
> moderately advanced users, which aims to give an introduction in a
> number of useful things about Debian that not every Debian-user may know
> about; see <https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc8/event/321>.

I've held a talk just like that couple years ago in some brazilian
conferences, so I'll be glad to talk to you about possible subjects and
review your slides/notes if you want someone to do that and think it
would be of any use =)

> So far I've come up with the following subjects:
> - Using dpkg-statoverride to limit use of a particular command to a
>   group of users and have that limitation survive upgrades

I think update-alternatives is a must for a talk like this, as is
dpkg-divert. It would probably be useful to do a quick introduction to
apt-src, too, as it saves lives!

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>