Re: [Debconf-discuss] Call for keys for keysigning in Edinburgh during DebConf7

On Sun, 13 May 2007 14:30:14 -0500, David Moreno Garza <damog@ciencias.unam.mx> said:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > It's my understanding that any government issued document for
>> > international purposes may be valid.
>>
>> What do you mean, valid?  (Valid, in this context, appears to have
>> the sense "Having legal strength or force",, based on "dict valid")
>> Is there a central authority that decrees which ID's are deemed
>> "valid", and thus must be accepted by the participants somewhere?

> No, valid for any standard level of trust you are able/allowed to
> apply on the matter.

        I am still confused. What standard? And who is this "you" being
 referred to? What matter are you talking about, now? (this seems like a
 new term not in the original statement).

        I must be very obtuse. I think we are talking about signing gpg
 keys.  And I _think_ you are talking about standards of trust some
 "You" is either able to apply, or is "allowed" to apply. I don't know
 who this you is, and I don't know of any standards body that can tell
 people what standard leel of trust (whatever that means) an individual
 is allowed to apply on "the matter".

        Anyway, if you think I am too dumb to understand what you are
 talking about, we can stop here. But as it stands, I have no idea what
 you are saying here.

        manoj
--
A good dinner sharpens wit, while it softens the heart.  -- Doran