Re: [Debconf-discuss] Call for keys for keysigning in Edinburgh during DebConf7

Hello!

On Wed, 09 May 2007 19:12:48 +0200, David Moreno Garza wrote:
> Philip Hands escribió:
>> Perhaps the only thing that needs to be added to the massed
>> signings is the idea that people that present inadequate ID need to
>> be loudly denounced and ejected from the line, so that to survive
>> the procedure one's ID must match the _most_ exacting standards of
>> those present.
>
> This is a good point. Local attendees usually do not carry passports
> themselves and they usually show only local IDs, driving licenses or
> even school carnets (!): Local people should be encouraged to carry
> official (international, or whatever that means) identifications in
> order to avoid this issue.

I think that it should be clearly stated what kind of IDs are
preferred, at least to avoid problems during the keysigning.

For example, EU citizens aren't required to have a passport to enter
UK and thus they could travel with national IDs only, which I'm not
sure everyone would accept.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca