Re: Berlin-Helsinki by train?

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 06.05.2005, 18:09 +0000 schrieb W. Borgert:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:57:59PM +0000, W. Borgert wrote:
> > It might be cheaper to take the plane.  But the train is
> > more fun and helps in terms of Kyoto protocol :-)  I will
> > get price information by Friday.
>
> The train is cheap compared to Deutsche Bahn: about 121 EUR
> for the ticket Berlin-Helsinki plus 21 EUR for a bed in a
> 3 person couchette or 31 EUR for a bed in a 2 person
> couchette.  Now the expensive stuff: A tourist visa for
> Russia = 89 EUR, transit visa for Belarus = 65 EUR
> (according to http://www.eastline-reisen.de/).  => 306 EUR.

This is indeed quite a bit more expensive than flying or other options,
but then it sounds like an interesting adventure. I haven't made my mind
yet.

Are there any others willing to join us?

Did you find out whether there are power sockets for our laptops on the
Train to St. Petersburg? Would be a shame to be the 40h before DebConf
without a chance to get into the mood... :-)

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner