Re: Berlin-Helsinki by train?

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:57:59PM +0000, W. Borgert wrote:
> It might be cheaper to take the plane.  But the train is
> more fun and helps in terms of Kyoto protocol :-)  I will
> get price information by Friday.

The train is cheap compared to Deutsche Bahn: about 121 EUR
for the ticket Berlin-Helsinki plus 21 EUR for a bed in a
3 person couchette or 31 EUR for a bed in a 2 person
couchette.  Now the expensive stuff: A tourist visa for
Russia = 89 EUR, transit visa for Belarus = 65 EUR
(according to http://www.eastline-reisen.de/).  => 306 EUR.

Cheers,
--
Wolfgang Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/