Re: Mosquitos in Finland during summer

On Fri, 06 May 2005, Herman Robak wrote:
> I'm kidding.  We don't carry arms to protect us against brown bears.
> Not in the city, at least.  Are there moose around Helsinki, BTW?
> Hill-badgers or slope-wolves¹, maybe?  Especially when drunk people
> are around ...

 I remember one moose several years ago managing to get through or
 below the endpoints of the three beltways that go around Helsinki.
 Rabbits and squirrels are about all mammals you can expect to
 see inside those beltways. The swans might attack, if you piss
 them off. Though they're usually pretty tolerant towards drunks.
 Sometimes wild boars do swim across from Estonia, but they usually
 land more east, as they do not dig the city lights.

			--j