Re: don't bring your APs to HEL

Hi,
> For our purposes, MAC addresses would suffice.

... making it even easier to break in than heavily used WEP networks.
I guess the thing their IT staff really wants to prevent is outsiders
accessing the universtity network. Just using the MAC of a user already
logged in is one of the easiest things to get access...

But setting up an unencrypted wireless network which is only connected
to a VPN server should be fine. OpenVPN isn't that hard. IPsec would be
really nice, too.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
     Go away or i'll replace you with a very small shell script.     //\