Re: don't bring your APs to HEL

It is my humble opinion that the wireless should be designed so that
there is not some bar that people must overcome financially in order
to use it. It should be available to the lowest common denominator. My
laptop and wireless card are not going to do WPA, and I cannot afford
to purchase improvements, especially for arbitrary and pointless
restrictions (perceived otherwise or not).

It sounds like many people are not able to do WPA, and there is some
attempts to re-negotiate this issue, so we should wait. I am fine with
patiently doing so, but I hope it is understood that based on the
number of responses to this issue that this requirement is going to
cause significant problems for many people.

There are many other ways that they can restrict access in more
compatable formats.

micah