Re: don't bring your APs to HEL

Hi!

Moray Allan [2005-06-29 13:27 +0100]:
> On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 13:55 +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > Or buy a g card. I have a Atheros card and that works just fine. or
> > ask for people to bring you a g card.
>
> No, I'd need to buy a new laptop for that, my iBook doesn't have a
> socket where such a card would go.

Same for me. The only way to get wireless on an iBook is a prism2
based USB adapter like the Netgear MA-111 with the linux-wlan-ng
drivers. They work very nicely in unencrypted mode and also play well
with WEP, but I guess setting up WPA on these things is either painful
or impossible.

Does anybody have experience with WPA and linux-wlan-ng?

Thanks,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de