Re: [Debconf-team] Q for Cape Town bid: attendees safety outside the venue

Moray Allan dijo [Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 05:34:40PM +0100]:
> Still, we haven't completely avoided problems; I remember a few
> people having bad experiences in Managua, for example, mostly when
> they were obviously carrying expensive phones or laptops as is
> rather normal for DebConf attendees (whatever advice we give).

FWIW, I have been robbed twice in my life: Once in Mexico City, in
1997 (of course, given I've been here ~95% of my life, this
probability is high), and once in Paris, en route to Bosnia (and being
on the same metro with Ben and Nattie... And, of course, failing to
pay attention to the boring announcements in five languages to stay
aware because pickpocketers are quick...