Re: Announcing mkisofs 1.13

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 09:26:33PM +0100, Mario Đanić wrote:
> > I'm considering appliing for GSoC under the GNU umbrella this summer to get
> > UDF kicked out.  The ideal would be if someone who's got good understanding
> > of this standard will be interested in mentoring this project.
>
> While I really can't promise much this year, if I can be of any help
> with this I will try. I don't have a thorough understanding of the UDF
> standard, but know a bit or two about it because I studied it when I
> wrote an enchantment ticket against new libisofs we were designing.

Hi Mario!

Thanks for your offer, it's very kind of you.  I'm not sure if you've been
a mentor in GSoC before, but it's not a tough task IMO and you get a nice
tshirt! ;-)

> Also, I'd encourage working on UDF inside libisofs and eventual
> genisofs (CLI-compatible mkisofs-alike tool based on libisofs, but
> that's probably a long shot because you seem to want mkisofs :)

What is libisofs main purpose?  Is it meant to be used by filesystem code in
OS kernels, by some specific class of applications... ?

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi