Re: solaris cdrecord BH08LS20 drive BD-R problems

Rob W <wrob0123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks again Jörg. I have not given up on solaris yet.
>
> > > Here are the errors I see with cdrecord -atip ...
> > In this case ... is not related to the media but to the USB drivers
> > This is a Solaris USB kernel driver bug ...
>
> Do you remember the bug tracking ID so I can look at it?
> Perhaps someone has worked that issue for the opensolaris project,
> but more than likely the fixes would not work on sparc hardware.

It is Bug ID 6800130.

There are several issues:

-	There is a problem that is caused from not honoring timeouts correctly.

-	There is a problem with some commands that do not set up DMA (i.e. do
	not send or receive any data).

-	There is a problem with commands that try to receive an odd number of
	bytes of data.

-	The returned error information from such commands is illegal and this
	is why your SCSI error message looks strange.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)