Re: solaris cdrecord BH08LS20 drive BD-R problems

Hi,

Rob W:
> I believe it was the JMicron USB-SATA bridge chip.
> JM20329 versus JM20336

Did it have a positive effect on the Solaris
machine ?

> On solaris I used this command for burning
> # growisofs -Z /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s0=image.iso

According to Andy's text i assume that the media
was formatted automatically and thus would at
most be written at half its nominal speed.
4.5 MiB/second.

But the reported performance was less than one
third of that half. Still very mysterious.

> To use SRM with no spares on the CentOS box
> would I try a command line similar to this?
> # growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=image.iso \
>  -use-the-force-luke=spare:none -speed=2

That's what i read from the text.
(I have my own burn programs to test. Thus i
use them at any occasion i have with BD media.
One year of BD burning strengthened my opinion
that at least my drive and my media work well
with full nominal 2x speed.)

I would omit the -speed option and let growisofs
negotiate that with the drive. Afaik -speed is
rather intended to slow down poor media.