Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?

Gregoire Favre <gregoire.favre@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 05:19:58PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>
> > It seems that you are not interested in a solution for a possible problem.
>
> No I am interested in a solution, but if I am seen as a liar I don't see
> this could work ?

I did not call you a liar, but you are not cooperating.

I was trying to help you although your problems are caused from using non-free
software from Debian (wodim/cdrkit). The software you used has well known bugs
that are bejond my influence.... I expect that you honor my courtesy and
cooperate instead of rejecting to send even an evidence for your probem.

> > You seem to be only interested in ranting :-(
>
> No, that's not true.

Why then don't you send the requested information that could probably prove
that you have problems?

If you don't send information, I have to judge on the most probable cause
for your problem.

> > You have been asked to prove your problem but you ignored this request.....
>
> ???
>
> > If you have problems, why don't you prove these problems by sending the output
> > from e.g. readcd and cdrecord -minfo on this medium.
>
> I have sent all requested info ???

NO, definitely did not!

I asked you for information that verifies your problem!
You did not yet send any prove for a problem.
If you do not send the information from the failing system, you are not
cooperating and nobody may help you.

Just to make sure that you cannot claim that yoou don'r know what to send:

-	send the output from "cdrecord -minfo" from the _failing_ platform

-	send the output from "readcd f=/dev/null" from the _failing_ platform

Note that the cause for your problem was _not_ cdrtools but defective/bad
software and that you have been warned about the bugs in wodim/cdrkit more
than once.

Why did you use the buggy software instead of the free original?

Why do you repeat false claims like: "there are no problems with wodim on
Linux"?

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)