Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?

Gregoire Favre <gregoire.favre@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 02:18:31PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>
> > The information you provided prove that cdrecord was able to close the disk.
> >
> > If you did send the output from cdrecord -minfo from the disk past
> > the -fix run, this could be verified......
>
> I said to you that cdrecord didn't change anything because
> dvd+rw-mediainfo still showed the same info :

I don't care about the putput from dvd+rw-mediainfo

> And after the try of cdrecord -fix I did a full md5sum of all
> files and compared to the local files on my HD : the same, I
> can mount and read the file without any problem (well only under
> linux...).

Pleae do not continue to repeat that this is a linux vs. no-linus problem

> Maybe the cdrecord dev=/dev/sr0 -minfo would give you reason in a
> way ?

Are you unwilling to read the documentation?

Why do you use an unsupported dev= parameter?

> Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a36 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2007 Jörg Schilling
> scsidev: '/dev/sr0'
> devname: '/dev/sr0'
> scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
> Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 5
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities   :
> Vendor_info    : 'LITE-ON '
> Identifikation : 'DVDRW SH-16A7S  '
> Revision       : 'WS04'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-3 DVD+R driver (mmc_dvdplusr).
> Driver flags   : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
> Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
> WARNING: Phys disk size 2295104 differs from rzone size 2146272! Prerecorded disk?
> WARNING: Phys start: 196608 Phys end 2491711
> Mounted media class:      DVD
> Mounted media type:       DVD+R
> Disk Is not erasable
> data type:                standard
> disk status:              incomplete/appendable
> session status:           empty
> BG format status:         none
> first track:              1
> number of sessions:       2
> first track in last sess: 2
> last track in last sess:  2
> Disk Is unrestricted
> Disk type: DVD, HD-DVD or BD
>
> Track  Sess Type   Start Addr End Addr   Size
>     1     1 Data   0          2146271    2146272
>     2     2 Blank  2148320    2295103    146784
>
> Last session start address:         0
> Last session leadout start address: 2146272
> Next writable address:              2148320
> Remaining writable size:            146784

wunderful!

The disk is OK now and should be readable on every non-defective
drive that supports to read DVD+R media.

> Thank for taking time to see the problem, but for the record
> it should be mentioned that I never got any error with wodim
> and all files seem good under linux.

A buggy program like wodim that does not print error messages
when it creates defective media is a real problem. Why didn't you listen
to the warnings I publish since more than a year? Wodim is software published
by people that don't care about their users. The only intention these people
had was to harm the free software project cdrtools.

Now your problem that was caused by defective "DVD support" in wodim
has been fixed by cdrecord!

The previously unreadable track #1 is now correctly closed.

What is your problem?

Note that you did not yet report any real problem. My answers are all
bases on the known bugs in wodim and on your claim that the medium
is not readable.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)