Re: Problem with Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-308B

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

> > This is the problem I have on Linux.
> >
> > In August 2004, I did publish cdrtools-2.01final
> > and a week later Linux did break the kernel interfaces.
> >

> In case anyone doesn't know, that means "plugged an important security
> hole which cdrecord was using."

Please do not listen to his rants......they are not aligned with
reality.

There was a security hole in Linux, but instead of fixing this
security hole, the SCSI generic interface has been changed
in an incompatible way.

Many Linux kernel developers did complain about this at the time
when Linux-2.6.8.1 was published but Linus Torvalds did not listen
to the majority.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)