Re: DVD works in Linux, not windows

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

Cdrecord runs just fine on any Linux I did try. The fact that you need
root privileges in order to run cdrecord on Linux is not a decision I made
but required by prople like Linux Torvalds.
Since the vendor versions of cdrecord work, and cdrskin works, I can only assume that you either can't figure out how to fix the problem (other are smarter), or you choose to leave the bug and claim it is someone else's problem. In any case, your doesn't work, other's do.

It seems that you did lose the contact with reality :-(

While cdrecord (the original) runs just fine, the Debian falsification
is not usable at all. And the so called "versions of cdrecord" are just the Debian falsification.

But hey, your problem is that you are just someone who does not contribute
to OSS. I cannot remember to see any useful contribution from you during the past 4 years.

What is your intention?
Are you just trying to prevent any further cdrtools development as Mr. Bloch
from Debian or do you have some still unknown target?

Not unknown, I'm trying to get you to see that the security change was made years ago and everyone but you has found a way to make burning work without needing to be root. My goal is to get you to realize that your software is becoming irrelevant, and things like cdrskin, Fedora cdrecord, and the forked version are all going on. The original cdrecord could still be the only one, but you chose to make it not work with current Linux and the world chose to go with software which does.
Why do you send mail to this list if you neither have wuestions nor like
to contribute to OSS development?
I am working on other OSS projects currently, and I'm just letting a little hot air out of your claims that all problems are with Linux (and not free BSD) rather than your software. A little does of reality...
This is a mailing list that has the intention to help CD/DVD recording development and to help users of such software. Your rants do not fit in this
scheme...please stay away unless you are willing to contribute.

bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc