Re: problems writing a large file to DVD+R Double Layer disk

Hi Jörg,

On Monday 02 April 2007 00:02, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> If you have problems with double layer disks, better use the cdrecord that
> comes with cdrtools-2.01.01a24. Note that you need to call cdrecord as root
> or install it suid root.
>
> Jörg

I took a look at cdrecord, and looked at the man page, but I am not sure if I understand how to
use it -- can I use it to create a backup of my file(s)? My DVD rewriter is a USB device, and not
a SCSI device, and I am not sure what the device number and LUN etc. are for it (I only know
that /dev/sr1 and /dev/scd1 both map to it). Should I do something like:

mkisofs -R /master/tree  |  cdrecord  speed=2  dev=2,0

from the man page's example, where /master/tree is the directory I want to write out, but what
should be the arguments for dev= ?

Thanks again for your help!

P.S. I hope my earlier message reached you, I still don't see it on the cdwrite mailing list...

Cheers,

Kish