Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

Ville Syrjälä <syrjala@sci.fi> wrote:

> > Well, first note that glibc does not even know about most kernel interfaces,
> > the include files that come with glibc are much older than the linux kernel.
> > If I add a new interface to the linux kernel today or if I enhance an old one,
> > I cannot test it in case I am only allowed to use the include files from glibc.
>
> Whose preventing you from testing it? For your testing you can do
> anything you like. However when distributing the program it would help
> the distro people if you just used the standard /usr/include path.

You did not understand it:

-	If you need to break a rule on a regular base it is nonsense.

-	Linux decided to _need_ /usr/src/linux/unclude in the search PATH.
	It was needed for Linux-2.2 or earlier and such a decision cannot
	ever be changed later.

> > Just check the useless incompatibilities that are a result from introducing
> > the SCSI command filter. The problem that it claims to fix is not fixed.
>
> There were some bugs in the initial implementation but AFAIK they were
> fixed. I've certainly had no problems with the filter.

The typical nonsense as sayed by the LKML folks :-(
If you always cross streert on the red light and had no problems,
this is not a prof for the right decision!

> I did find one message from you where you said some operations were
> impossible due to the filter but when asked for a list of required
> commands you did not respond.

I send a list and I told them that this list is a constand subject to change.
Then the LKLM folks stopped to be reasonable

> Other than that I've only seen you give vague references to Linux bugs
> but no useful bug reports.

I do never _repeat_ long descriptions I send before.

NOTE: it turns out that you are not helpful at all and only like to waste my
time. Unless you are able to help with the problems please stop your postings.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)