Re: Re: growisofs writes unreadable dvd+rw

Thks for your answer.

>> I'm trying to backup a system using dar + growisofs.
>
> dar?

http://dar.linux.free.fr/
packet dar:
 Full featured archiver with support for differential backups, slices,
 compression, ATTR/ACL support. DAR also supports Pipes for remote
 operations, including with ssh.

>> # growisofs -dvd-compat -R -J -Z /dev/hdc $1/$file1 $1/$file2
>
> Well, according to *my* manpage of growisofs you put the command flags
> meant for mkisofs *after* -Z /dev/hdc, i.e.:
>
> growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/hdc -R -J file1 file2

Tried too. But the line printed by growisofs showing how it calls
mkisofs tells that options are well passed...

> And what is in your environment variables $1, $file1, $file2 ?

It's from a script. I checked the vars are well set. The
dvd+rw-mediainfo proves the right amount of data was written, anyway.
I tried calling growisofs by hand too, smae thing. Works well till end,
then I cannot mount the dvd.

>> # mount /dev/hdc -t iso9660 /mnt
>> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
>>        or too many mounted file systems
>
> Hmm.... again my manpage of mount suggest to put all options first and
> *then* only the device and (existing)  mountpoint.
>
>      mount [-fnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-o options] device dir

Tried this before too. No more result.

--
Jean-Christophe Michel