Re: Re: Compiling dvd+rw-tools in Cygwin

In-Reply-To=<[🔎] 425D3F03.nailBEI7B5K1R@burner>

> <erunquist@atico.com> wrote:
>
> > According to http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ this list is the
> > appropriate forum for questions about dvd+rw-tools (I think). If this is
> > the wrong place, let me know (nicely).
> >

> > We would like to burn DVDs from Cygwin. Unfortunately, we can't build
> > dvd+rw-tools in Cygwin. The file growisofs.c contains lots of
> > platform-specific stuff, but no stuff for Windows/Cygwin. The
> > platform-specific code block for Linux isn't terribly large, but it's
> > quite low-level and depends on header files not available in Cygwin.
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
>
> Cdrecord is portable....
>
> Jörg
>
> --
>  EMail:joerg@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353
Berlin
>        js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
>        schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog:
http://schily.blogspot.com/
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily

I need this for commercial purposes. Can I use ProDVD for commercial
purposes on Linux and Windows? Is there some licensing involved?

Thanks for your help!
Eric Runquist