Re: growisofs writes unreadable dvd+rw

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:10:33 +0200
Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel@symetrie.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to backup a system using dar + growisofs.

dar?

> # growisofs -dvd-compat -R -J -Z /dev/hdc $1/$file1 $1/$file2

Well, according to *my* manpage of growisofs you put the command flags
meant for mkisofs *after* -Z /dev/hdc, i.e.:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/hdc -R -J file1 file2

And what is in your environment variables $1, $file1, $file2 ?
If they don't get set before the growisofs call something weird is bound
to happen. Also are you sure you want to keep all access permissions
(-R)? That way you can't use the DVD onm other systems, but it *is*
useful for local backups. using "-r" would set read access for
everybody.

> # mount /dev/hdc -t iso9660 /mnt
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
>        or too many mounted file systems

Hmm.... again my manpage of mount suggest to put all options first and
*then* only the device and (existing)  mountpoint.

     mount [-fnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-o options] device dir

HTH,

K.-H.