Re: growisofs writes unreadable dvd+rw

Jean-Christophe Michel wrote:
> (debian sid, kernel 2.6.8)
>
> # mount /dev/hdc -t iso9660 /mnt
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
>        or too many mounted file systems

I was getting this error under somewhat similar circumstances when I
was working on shunt.  The patch I wrote is now in the official tree
starting with 2.6.8.  If you built your kernel from the offical source
with iso9660 support, you should have it.  If not, try upgrading to
the latest kernel.

A few other things worth trying is to make sure "cat /proc/filesystems
| grep iso9660" returns true.  Make sure Windows can read the DVDs.
Lastly, you can try using shunt to create your backup:

    http://www.serice.net/shunt/

Thanks,
Paul Serice