Re: linux kernel error reading end of cd/dvd

>From appro@fy.chalmers.se  Tue Oct 14 18:47:59 2003

>> >"Sane block count" is obviously the number of last *significant* block.
>> >Yes, for mkisofs mastered images the value returned by isoinfo suffices.
>>
>> Not if this is e.g. a Solaris boot CD.....

>Note that last part of the statement reads as "for *mkisofs* *mastered*
>images." Is Solaris boot CD image mastered with mkisofs? I can't confirm
>it is, at least not Solaris 8 (strings reveal "MakeDisc ver. 1.20").

May be wrong for S 8 FCS, but who is talking about things outdated for a long
time?

Since January 2000, Solaris CDs are made with mkisofs.

>mkisofs -B on the other hand does "cover" SPARC boot block[s] "by" value
>returned by isoinfo. But even if ISO9660 partition of Solaris boot CD
>was prepared with mkisofs, there're UFS partitions which are surely
>appended by *separate* means and therefore resulting layout can hardly
>be classified as "*mastered* with mkisofs." In other words I'm not
>convinced that my statement doesn't hold true. "Sane block count" is
>still the last *significant* block even for Solaris boot CD. And as long
>as output from mkisofs is fed *immediately* to recording program, value
>returned by isoinfo is suitable for discussed purposes. A.

Why don't you first read README.sparcbot before starting to guess?

Mkisofs is able to create a Sun disk partition table.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling